Scaling on import

rhinocam is a paid function, in addition to rhino.

after, exporting in 3d in STL, it works very well, I did it several times in CC.
but I think @Woodspoiler wanted to export in 2d, as I understand it…

no cam option directly with rhino 3d. but paid modules.

On the other hand there are possibilities to create very interesting geometries with grasshopper.

when I have interesting projects, I will share them.

1 Like

My description was on rhino version 6. And if you only have version 3, it’s not supposed to be the same at all…
but you tried it anyway?

Yes, I found out. My version is so old it did not have any of the “Save” menus as your new Version 6. I’ve only just paid for the new Shapeoko XXL, so in a few months time when I have funds available, I will upgrade my version 3 of Rhino to the latest V6 release. However, I grew up on Rhino and know V3 inside out, and I must say it is a very solid piece of software that has served me well for many years, and in all those years it never crashed!!!. As I said I will carry on supporting Rhino and buy and upgrade soon. However, Vivien, your advise was very welcome. Mike

2 Likes

I am using Affinity Designer, as well. I continue to look for a set up to have SVGs saved in the proper scale, so they import into CC correctly, but have not found the magic incantation, yet.

For me, I have the document pixel set to 300ppi in Affinity 2. When I export, at least the things I have used as a test, setting a Scale Factor of .32 (32%) using the scale tool in CC seems to scale SVGs to the proper size. All my SVGs from Affinity come in too large.

I’ll post an update if I can find a method to set up Affinity to export to the correct size.

I tried pulling Affinity SVGs through Inkscape, but that didn’t change the scale problem.

For Serif Affinity Designer, draw the object at the desired size:

File | Export to an SVG at 96 ppi:

3x2square

Then open or import the file into Carbide Create:

2 Likes

That works well. Thanks!