Scaling some Flags

I guess I was bored in the shop and had a ton of 8/4 left overs from a recent project so why not make a ton of smaller American wavy flags :man_shrugging:!

These two are 1/4” and 1/8” width stripes. Using 8/4 material….roughly 2” thick, I was able to make blocks and then cut 1/4” and 1/2” thick finished pieces. I can yield quite a bit from each block. Then off to the Shapeoko to cut the profile, then finish the stars with my laser.

What am I going to do with all these??? I have no idea lol!

Super fun to make. I’ll cut the wavy profile into the smallest flag tomorrow. Excited to see how it turns out.

Cheers!

9 Likes

Great work Maurice I like the Little flags and the display board.

Anthony

Are you painting the stars white?

Been working on some flag designs, i really wanted to inlay the stars, but haven’t figured out a good way to do it yet.

Excellent. I have been wanting to do this. I bought the wavy flag file but have not tried it yet. This is a great way to do some testing without blowing through a lot of wood.

It’s tiny! :joy:

Now I’m thinking why not do a 1/16th width stripes.

I’m loving the profile :nerd_face:

Off to the laser to burn in the stars.

@cnackers right now I’m painting the stars. Thinking about inlaying them, it hurts my head thinking about how they will be distorted.

3 Likes

They look great!

Figuring out the 3d inlay hurts my head as well, i’ve tried a few things ,but haven’t come up with a good solution yet.

Here was a final gift I used the smaller flag in. Turned out really good and they were really happy.

Also, posted a new video on the process for this.

Cheers

3 Likes

Ah laser for the stars, nice :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.