Setting tools up

I purchased some engraving bits and was wondering how to set them up in carbide create? What specs do I enter when setting each up? I am attaching pics here.

In the newer version in order to enter a custom tool it is necessary to create a new user library — tools may then be added to that by using the graphical interface.

See: Adding tools in CC440 and later

Note that since the move to curated values in 434, certain entries which were required are now hidden in the data since they are not needed.

Thanks. I’ve set end mills up so I’m familiar with where to set up. I’m just confused with the angle, feeds and speeds it asks for. Example. There’s a 10, 15, 20, and 30 degree with a .1mm tip. Do I use that as the actual angle it asks for? Do I need to adjust the feeds and speeds?

Yes, in current versions, enter the actual angle.

I’m afraid Carbide Create won’t allow for input of the tip, so you’ll need to forgo entering that and use a feeler gauge to make up for the difference if need be.

Yes, feeds and speeds need to be adjusted — I’d start with the numbers from a #501 or #502 and adjust as need be.

Thanks. I appreciate the info.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.