Setup Carbide Motion 618 - BitSettter is off

I just installed Carbide Motion v618 and went through the setup wizard. But when it was setting up the bit setter, the “Y” position is short of the center by about 3/8". In other words, moving the “Y” to the closest position that it will move, the spindle does not reach the bit setter button.

Which machine do you have?

Where is the BitSetter positioned?

Send photos to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

I sent picture to support.

Sorry I have the Shapeoko 4 XXL.

Did you get this figured out. I have been running an older version of Carbide Motion on my Windows laptop and the bitsetter worked fine. When I installed Carbide Motion 618 on my Mac laptop it wants to go to the home position for my bitsetter (it’s not there, it’s at the front of the machine) and there doesn’t seem to be the same interface to set the bitsetter position??

You will need to re-run the Setup Wizard on each computer (not sure if copying the JSON config file would be okay)

Yep, I did that and it said it set it, but it still seems to think that the bitsetter is in the home position :frowning:

Did you save the BitSetter position in the Wizard?

I’ll give it another try to make sure. Thanks for the hint.

Brian, sorry for the delay. Yes I did get this figured out. When you go to the default bitsetter location, that only brings it close to the bitsetter. If you press NEXT, there you can adjust it to be right on. Also I had forgot to do the download earlier in the wizard and then don’t forget to do the save after you set the new position.
If I would have just read the wizard rather than fly through it, I would not have had an issue.
Make sure you do on all of the computers you plan to use Carbide Motion with.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.