Shapeoko 3 XXL with Z Plus - X axis limit switch error

Well, I installed the new version of Carbide Motion (618) setup my Shapeoko 3 XXL with Z Plus as normal and when I perform “Initialization” Z works perfectly, Y works perfectly, but the X kind of just stutters and I get an error “Limit switch failed at pull off” something like that. Sorry not currently at the machine. I have used this thing since 2019 and have had nothing but great things to speak of about it.
Upgraded to the Z-Plus what a wonderful upgrade with the new limit switches and all. Worked great for years but now I am wondering if there is an issue with the limit switch itself or the X motor, as the gantry doesn’t make it to the side of the machine to limit out the X axis. I pulled the X motor out powered it directly, the motor works fine. I just cant understand why the error is presented…???

Any assistance would be great!

Is all the wiring in good condition and all connectors secure?

Power up and connect to the machine and go to options — what shows under Active Inputs? Is the X-axis homing switch stuck on?

Present metal to the switch — does it then trigger as the correct input?

Let us know what you find out at support@carbide3d.com

All connections are secure, and in great condition. None of the homing switches are stuck on, and when metal to any of the switches they all activate as expected.

This is the error I receive.

Will, it appears after some digging that maybe the X motor connection inside the cable chain is faulty. (See photos) how would I go about replacing the existing connection? And do you recommend replacing the X motor?

The motor should be fine. Not sure if we have the connectors separate from the motors though.

Contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll work out how to handle this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.