Shapeoko 4 X-axis dust covers

Hi guys, any idea about how to protect the X-axis from dust? I do 12 hours machine projects so I would like to know if there is any product in order to protect the machine. Maybe using cardboard? I can’t find any accesories on the internet.

My Shapeoko 4 XXL with Z-plus:

Only thing I have found on the internet:

I use the Y-axis dust covers from PwnCNC and they work really good so I would like to do the same on the X-axis.

I can’t use the dust collector for 12 hours straight, it’s more loud that the machine.

Also, is this something I should worry about? or maybe it doesn’t matter that much.

Thanks.

No issues here with the “X” having dust buildup. I blow off if I notice anything and wipe down / lube every three weeks.

One thing you can do is put a sock on your Router to limit the amount of dust that gets in.

1 Like

In a noise-induced, migraine-fueled rage after listening to a small shop vac howl for several hours, I bought a Festool CT Midi and Oneida Ultimate Dust Deputy — I still wear hearing protection when using it, but it’s much quieter.

Here’s my solution! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.