Shapeoko 5 (Grief Stage 4)

I’m not ready to accept it yet.

Someone please show me the light and this 2 week long, deep dark hole I’m in haha

Have you updated your firmware?

https://my.carbide3d.com/so5-dfu/

1 Like

I have not, but I must try immediately!

Where to now?

Check in at support@carbide3d.com

You won’t get there using windows directly

1 Like

So I’m pretty much screwed. This is pretty brutal process. I don’t want to give up on this thing. I don’t want the return policy to run out either though.

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll work out how to handle this.

2 Likes

My bet is once it is squared away you will become attched to it. It’s a pain in the rear to go through these problems, but the machine is well thought out, and a solid peice, and can be work horse. It is possible for it work right, hang in there.

1 Like

Dude, I needed that right now lol. They just tried calling me and Google Assistant weeded them out (I love her , but she’s overly protective.) I got a video chat schedule for tomorrow.

So I decided if I brick this controller, what do I care, 30 day on us policy rite? I updated the firmware and it didn’t work.

Joseph, not to add to your grief, but did you try this “fix?”

1 Like

I did. I was able to connect and download everything successfully and what I did was a mirror image of those instructions. Some people claim that they had to use a Mac to complete it, that didn’t seem to be the case for me.

They contacted me and they are going to send a new controller. :pray::crossed_fingers:

So I just got my new controller and it worked. I remember re-adjusting my proximity switches on my Y axis way out of wack in relation to each other and I X’d out of the window when it came all the way up to the front for a tool change. I put the proximity switch on the rite side gantry rail back where it was originally was when I took it out of the box and tried to initialize machine and I’m back in the same boat.
What did I just do!!!

Customer support help me bypass the setup process and I manually jogged the machine to find out the right side Y axis motor is just dragging along not doing a thing. It locks up under power, but did nothing went it was sent a command.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.