Shapeoko 5 Pro, BitZero

I’m new to the CNC world and I just started putting together my Pro 5. In the instructions I noticed that there is an optional port for the BitZero.
My initial thought was I didn’t need the BitZero because it comes with the BitSetter. But, now I’m thinking I should purchase the BitZero. This would make finding the X, Y, and Z zero much easier.

I just wanted to confirm before I pulled the trigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

The BitSetter and BitZero are wonderfully complementary.

• BitSetter allows managing tool length offset for having multiple tools in one file
  • BitZero allows setting the origin relative to the corner or surface of rectangular stock
1 Like

Thank you! Sounds like this is going to be a useful tool for me to have

This is a must upgrade for me, I am surprised it is not included. CNC is about precision and repeatability, an an edge finder plate is a must if that’s what you want to achieve.

1 Like

I’m an experienced machine operator and am very familiar with setting zeros. But almost all the Shapeokos I’ve had get a BitZero. :slight_smile: I use a different, conductive edge finder on my HDM, but that machine almost exclusively runs aluminum and has a tool plate bed and mod vises, so a different use case than my SO3/4/SO4 Pro/SO5 Pro machines that I’ve had a BitZero for. It’s been fast and consistent enough that the price they offer them at is worth it for my time.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the good information. I ordered one today.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.