Shapeoko 5 pro going rogue

Hi there, I bought a Shapeoko 5 pro 3-4 weeks ago. I have been using it for cutting wood pieces for a woodworking project. I use Fusion 360 for designing toolpaths and post process to send the g-code to Carbide Motion. I have been running at least 20 jobs without any issues, but for 3 notable exceptions. Typically my toolspaths include a 2D contour and a 3D parallel, using a flat 0.25" bit and chamfer bit for the 3D toopaths. When this problem occurs, the cnc runs the 2D contour perfectly, starts the 3D parallel and towards the end, the cnc goes completely rogue, plowing though the design, goes outside the wood substrate, digs grooves in the waste board, etc,… It happens totally haphazardly.

the toolpaths simulation in Fusion run perfectly and I guess that the g-code is fine (I checked that indeed the Z value never goes under the bottom height set in Fusion). It looks as if Carbide Motion reads and possibly corrupts the code. Carbide tech support told me to tighten the step-motor screws, which I did, but not surprisingly this does not resolve anything. Before considering a move to other G-code sender, does anyone see a reason why Carbide Motion not executing properly?