Shapeoko 5 Pro testing Y2 limit and bed spacing

After Putting the shapeoko 5 ,2 x 4 together , I went to test all the limit switches , Y2 or left Y switch does not register in either carbide motion 6 or carbide motion running on a Raspberry Pi .

The indicator on the switch does light , Carbide3d sent a wiring harness and controller , no difference ,temporarily changed switch with spare , no difference .

After going around a couple times with tech support and not getting any real answer -

I decided to zero the machine , worked fine , decided to disconnect switch and got an error and had to
re-square y axis so guessing its working ? still Y2 does not indicate on maintenance screen
I have never gotten a proper answer / if this is a known problem … and to ignore it ( a bug ).

The second thing I noticed and it has caused a lot of trouble is the center distance between the table slots is greater than 100mm and all the tooling supplied and can be purchased from carbide3d is all for 100mm ceters has anyone else had this / noticed this ?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram , I am used to getting that for trouble shooting , Carbide seems to be reluctant to supple this ? I have worked on CNC lasers and it comes with the machine …

Is there a document for manual / MDI commands , I am used to having a more detailed MDI and ‘nudging’ settings during setup , this machine is easy for basic things but for a complicated setup its going to be challenging .

The MDI stuff is all standard G-code.

We have a list at:

https://my.carbide3d.com/faq/supported-gcodes/

I have the same problem with the Y2. I can get the machine setup and initialized and have run a few projects through it. Twice it has"freaked out" after finishing one job and trying to start a second. The z axis motor and the x axis motor rotate back and forth rapidly shacking the whole machine. The first time it happened I tried to “setup up new machine” in CM but got a homing error. I checked all the limit switches, then killed power and spent about 20 minutes checking all the wires and connections. When I turned it back on it worked just fine. Next day same thing happened so I just turned it off, cleaned up the shop for 15 minutes, turned it back on and it worked fine all day.

Yes, Will, I have contacted support. :slightly_smiling_face: They are sending a new controller.

The spacing on the waste board is an issue on mine too. The slots are to far apart to use some of the gizmos in the "get a grip work holding kit. Specifically the long bars and the 90 degree “L”. Nothing a little filing didn’t fix.

That pre-dates the wider Hybrid T-track used on the SO5 Pro, hence the need for a bit of filing (which is what we recommend on support).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.