Shapeoko calibration issues

So my machine wasn’t cutting exact circles where it had been before. I found the x axis belt and one wheel were slightly loose. I tightened those and set the x and y axis back to 40 steps in GRBL. I then used a v bit to make small holes at 3.5 inches or 88.9mm apart. Both axis were off slightly. Y was 89.61 and x was 90.93. I did the math and enter new values 2 times and now its is WAY off. Idk what I’m missing. Attaching my math work.

Check your formula against:

https://docs.carbide3d.com/shapeoko-faq/shapeoko-3-how-to-check-the-pulley-set-screws/

Ok. So you think I may have a set screw loose?

How are you measuring?

Always start with mechanical verification. Only proceed if the machine is mechanically sound.

1 Like

Vee bit. Set to 3.5 inches apart. 4 holes. 2 on the y and 2 on the x. Measure center point to center point.

I am done for the day. I have been messing with it for hours. I needed to walk away.

Will I think I know what my problem is now. Attaching picture. The belt on my x axis is stretched and deformed slightly. The teeth are also stretched and have lost the correct spacing.

Write in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll replace that.

1 Like

Will. I have already ordered the belt and v wheel replacement kit before I saw this message.

Let us know about that at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll slip a second set of belts into the package.

1 Like

Hey Will. I replaced the belts on my machine. Would the proper way to start over be to set x and y axis back to 40 and let it cut my calibration pattern. Measure that pattern and tell the machine the actual demensions it cut?

Resend the configuration for your machine, then follow:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.