Shapeoko Feeds & Speeds and Machining Tips!

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this informative pioneering work by @Vince.Fab. Just another demonstration that he is well deserving of the “big bucks”! IMO it’s a must view for folks like @Julien, @LiamN, @spargeltarzan, @DanStory, and many others! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I definitely enjoyed watching the video, and this may help me overcome my dislike of wearing out only the tip of my endmills. But my craving for long chips, I’m afraid that’s not going away anytime soon :slight_smile:

Joke aside, I will most certainly be doing many more shallow & wide test cuts than I usually do.

3 Likes

I wish someone (ideally @Vince.Fab) would investigate narrow (HSM type) cuts at depths that might even more effectively and efficiently "flatten the [cutting force] curves".

2 Likes

That video was nerve racking to make and was supposed to initially be a 7 min total length project lol.

It would be super interesting to see how the new Pro stacks up to cutting at higher depths in metal compared to the S3 with all its v wheels. Ive done quite a bit HSM style cutting on the modded Nomad because it isn’t trying to fight me the whole time. Lemme know what you guys want to see and I’ll try. Might have to give me a little time as I’m moving cross country in a couple weeks though.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.