Shapeoko length is not enough,,,

My project is 900mm, my Shapeoko 3xxl can only do 815mm
Is there any way or trick that can help ??
Thank you

Would rotating it work?

If not that, then tiling:

1 Like

I converted the 85mm and it is about 3.5". So if the 900MM will physically fit on the bed without interfering with the Y rails movement your only option is tiling. However the 900MM will barely fit on the spoilboard so not sure how you would tile except to turn the project side ways and move it front to back. You still have the issue of the maximum X travel so not sure how you would cut a full 900 MM if it is square. If it is rectangular then you could tile front to back. CC does not support tiling directly but indexing your project and creating two files. One for the first tile and one for the second tile. Indexing must be perfect if the project is to fit together perfectly.

1 Like

Thank you
It looks more complicated then I thought but I’m going to work on it
Regards
Meir

Thank you William
It looks more complicated then I thought but I’m going to work on it
Regards
Meir

Can you share more details about your project? It’s possible there are other solutions.

Yes,
This is the project
900x500 mm
meir tower.c2d (98.8 KB)

No way to fit it even with rotating the part. I would cut it like you have it in the file, and hand finish the ends of the legs. You could tile it, but setting it up would take longer than sawing & sanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.