Shapeoko not jogging

I haven’t used my shapeoko3 in like two years but tried to fire it back up. I upgraded to all the latest software and GRBL 1.1. I selected everything in setup and sent to the controller, but when I initialize, I get an error for the limit switches because it’s not jogging to any position. The x and y servos are powered because it locks in place when I turn on and I verified the switches are working ( blue light when I push them in), but won’t jog. I’ve never tried the manual command (MDI), but any command I send doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ve re-flashed several times, rebooted, reset, everything I can think of. Only thing else is, the z-axis motor will move and is cold to the touch. Not sure it’s even powered at this point but I’m at a loss right now. Any help would be appreciated

Does Z not move at all? I think the Z usually homes first, or at least it finishes first because the travel is shorter. That may be blocking the rest of the process from finishing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response… No, Z acts dead. The servo is good because I swapped servo wires and Z will lock in place when using another circuit (edited). I tried tricking the system into thinking the process was completed. I found something saying basically that the Z will move to the switch, back off, hit again, then back off… Then the other two will do the same… But once I start hitting the Z switch I get “Homing failed, pull off didn’t clear”… So next I sent a MDI command to disable the homing, but that just gives me a “homing disabled” error and still won’t let me get past the homing sequence.

Carbide Motion requires homing/initializing for CM4/5.

Please contact support@carbide3d.com — sounds like your controller has died — at least the Z-axis stepper driver is dead — you’ll need a replacement CM Board with Enclosure. This will get you Grbl 1.1 pre-flashed, and also the BitRunner connector.

You might want to get the BitRunner with the controller:

1 Like

Yeah, after I swapped the connectors, and Z would lock, I kind of figured the controller might be dead on that circuit. Thanks!

1 Like

Ordered! Thanks for the help Will

2 Likes

New control board installed and works like a champ! Thanks again

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.