Shapeoko Pro - A very nice machine!

Edit:

I just noticed scaling issues with the dxf files, so I deleted them and just uploaded a svg that has 0.125" slots for compatibility with endmills more users will have.

2 Likes

A quick heads up- Shapeoko Pro started shipping with a spacer on the X Limit sometime early last week (If I’m remembering right). If you have a machine without one and need one then shoot us an email and we’ll drop one in the mail for you.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update @robgrz I only made them to hopefully help a few people until the official ones get to them if they have a 3D printer.

I should have mine tomorrow. I’m excited!

3 Likes

Awesome that you guys are shipping these out! Just another example why choosing to invest with Carbide 3D was and still is a great idea for anyone!

3 Likes

Hey just curious if I’ll get a tracking number once my unit has shipped out. I ordered about 3 weeks ago

1 Like

I get tracking information on everything I order from Carbide 3d. They sent me an email when they shipped my Pro.

2 Likes

I got a tracking number. The carrier didn’t update for 5 days… but I got the number.

3 Likes

With the number of posts I see of this issue, feel like y’all should be a little more proactive with a PSA to those that have purchased/received the machine already, e-mail them, blog update, community forums pinned topic, facebook group post :man_shrugging:. Something with some more visibility.

2 Likes

I called carbide and talked with support, (or you can email) looked up my order and one is now in the mail. It is not a perfect system but this machine is well built, to miss one spacer is ok in my book. Side note I have named her Arnold…

7 Likes

I would like to congratulate the folks at C3D for a job well done. I had two issues that were easy to overcome. I flipped the controller box around to fix the first issue and the part (Right side holder for the cable manager) was shipped out immediately for the second one and is now in place. I have been working for a week and yesterday I lost the Z Axis limit switch and reported it. I have a work around but they are already processing another one for me.

Now you may think I am complaining but I am not. I purchased a metal lathe a while back from a major player and I had more problems in the order of x10 with a ready to run purchase in my first few days with that nightmare. This is a put together yourself machine and only two initial oops, and very minor at that. I was up and running the second day. Yes, C3D must know what they are doing.

I would also like to add that I am ecstatic that I waited for the Pro. The only thing I would like from C3D is for them to put parts on sale in their store. The limit switch that went down. I would not be in work around mode right now if they had had them for sale when I bought the Pro. I have a sparing habit and that is one piece I would have purchased ahead of time. I would also have purchased a spare controller board and motor too.

I hope C3D takes this to heart. They are in my opinion better than most companies trying to break into this market, and better than some major names also. Thanks for your hard work.

7 Likes

Not to be pedantic, but they are a major name. :smiley:

Carl, I’m curious, do you have to hold your BitZeroV2 while it is going through its zero procedure?

Depends on where you are standing and viewing the hobby CNC market.

I just had a long chat w/ the guy who is selling me a Mafell Quick Change Spindle and he’d never heard of Carbide 3D or Shapeoko — I think he might have known about the X-Carve, but if so, only because of the Omni-present advertising millions in venture capital affords — maybe one day we’ll be a major name outside of the cognoscenti who carefully research and are aware of the various brands selling inexpensive desktop CNCs, but even then, we will be grateful for @carldavis114’s kind words.

3 Likes

I have the BitZero but not the V2. I will though when they come back into stock. As far as holding the Zero. I have always put two sided tape on the underside of the Zero as I don’t ever trust pieces not to move. I change out every so often. I would do the same with the V2. That .01 of a mm of variance from the tape is moot to me doing wood work. Hope this answers your question.

3 Likes

Where did you get that awesome Arnold sticker?