Shapeoko Pro XXL Fusion not using BitSetter after tool change

I am trying to learn how to use Fusion360 to create projects to cut on my Shapeoko Pro XXL. I manually created the 278Z tool and 112Z tool (yes cutting aluminum). I watched a video on YouTube on this.

As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly. I initialize my machine, it sets Z,X,Y. Then asks for a tool and sets the tool with the BitSetter. I then zero on the work piece.

I load a new file and hit start. This is where things are a little different. Instead of a popup box I am getting “Manual tool change T1” so I install the first tool and hit start again. Then the Shapeoko spins up the spindle and moves to cut. It is not measuring the new tool.

I have downloaded the most resent post processor. I thought maybe it was the “Manual Tool Change” option but I tried with it checked and unchecked.

What am I doin wrong?

**** EDIT: Originally I had imported the machine from the creator of the video I was following and changed the post processor of that machine to the newest PP.

This time I completely deleted the machine and created a new one from scratch, using the updated PP. It seems to be working now.

We have a page on configuring Fusion 360 at:

https://my.carbide3d.com/faq/fusion360/

Does that help?

1 Like

I had seen that earlier. My settings where the same, relatively because Fusion has a different looking page now then when this screen shot was taken.

I did get it fixed though. Originally I had imported the machine from the creator of the video and changed the post processor of that machine to the newest PP.

This time I completely deleted the machine and created a new one from scratch, using the updated PP. It seems to be working now.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.