Shapeoko Pro XXL Initialize Machine

Greetings,

I just completed putting my machine together and running the initial setup. Following the instructions, I uploaded the settings and ran initialize machine. During initialize machine the Z axis lowers the cutter toward the bed and stops giving several errors. I tried again and the bit contacted the bed, stopped, and returned errors. I loosened the router and raised it so the bit is off the bed. I tried a couple more times with same results. I removed the bit because it was getting close to the bed. Repeated the initialize machine and now it just vibrates trying to move along along the X axis, stops, and returns errors. Any ideas on my issues?

Thanks,
Brian

Have you sent the machine configuration?

If that’s not it, please contact us at support@carbide3d.com

Yes, I did send the configuration. I did so after a few of the iterations I described in my email to make certain. I did power off and on a few times.

When it gives errors, what are they specifically?

One thought is that you’ve enabled the BitSetter (the pro comes with one yes?) but Carbide Motion is designed for the days when BitSetters were components added to already running machines.

That is, you have to pretend you don’t have one first, then initialise the machine, and then tell it you have a BitSetter.

Please work w/ us on support and we’ll do our best to get this sorted out as quickly as we can.

Usually when the Z goes the wrong way it is configuration. The BeltZ and HDZ run the same direction. The Z-Plus runs in the opposite direction. The Z-Plus is Leadscrew and the HDZ is Ballscrew.

On the c3d site the Pro XXL looks like a Z-Plus unless your ordered an HDZ.

From the c3d site: Leadscrew-driven Z-axis - Shapeoko Pro uses our Z-Plus Z-axis assembly that’s leadscrew-driven with heavy-duty linear bearings.

I tried both Z-plus and HDZ in setup with same results. I have bit setter disabled.

I also started email thread with support but any ideas help.

I attached the errors that I received during initialize machine.

The potential causes of this problem:

• not removing the bolts used to secure the endplates for shipping
  • mislabeled/misconnected wiring
  • a failed homing switch
  • a failed controller
  • some other mechanical aspect interfering w/ the movement of the machine

Please check in at support@carbide3d.com and let us know what you have found out thus far.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.