Shapeoko Pro XXL not 'Homing'

Hello!
I have been trying to ‘home’ my machine, without success. It is a Shapeoko Pro XXL that I just completed assembling.

1. I followed the instructions to ‘Home’ it, but the machine only moves back and then stops.

2. Then I get the following error message: ‘GRBL Error: Homing Failed, could not find limit switch’ (please see attached picture)

3. I tested each of the 3 sensors by bringing a wrench near them and all red and blue lights turn on.
    Also, in the ‘settings’ section of Carbide Motion each active input is shown.
    So, the limit switches are working.

4. Also, I can move the X/Z assembly smoothly left and right across the gantry if the machine is turned off.

Can you please provide me advise in order to succcesfully home my machine?

Thank you and regards,

Pablo

Hi @RRP,

From what you describe, it is likely that it is a matter of mechanical adjustment of the homing switch position, it might be positioned just a tiny bit too far. On a Pro, a typical case is that the X/Z gantry hits the black bumpers at the end of rail just before the X homing switch triggers. Try repositioning the X homing switch as far to the left as possible?

If that does not work, contact support@carbide3d.com and they’ll have a look with you to fix the problem.

1 Like

Hello Jared, thank you.

I have contacted the Carbide 3D support and performed all what they have advised (what I wrote in the initial message) but its not fixing the issue.

Does the X limit switch LED light up once the X gantry reached the right end of the rail during homing ?

Any chance you could capture a video of that failed homing and upload it to a video/file sharing site, then post the link it for us to review ? It may give us hints about what exactly is failing.

Don’t give up on support though, they’ll stick with you until this is fixed.

There is a video on adjusting the switches at:

I have this issue with my Pro XXL as well. I’ve just learned to live with it, to be honest. Usually takes 3-4 attempts to finally get the machine initialized because the X-axis limit switch never triggers correctly. I have moved the limit switch as far as it will go.

Do you have a spacer for your X-axis homing switch?

Contact us at support@carbide3d.com and let us know the specifics and we’ll do our best to assist.

Here is what position my x limit switch ended at, after building my Pro XXL.

2 Likes

I am still having issues even if I follow all your recommendations

Please let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to work through this with you.

Hello William,
I just sent you a message several hours ago. Please help.

Regards,
Pablo

Yes William, we have been in communication. I have followed all your recommendations and they are not working.
I sent you an e mail several hours ago with pictures and a video.

Please help
Regards,
Pablo

Your ticket has been assigned to a person who is working with you — we’ll respond once they are back in the office.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.