Shapeoko Pro XXL setup issue with Y-stop

My son and I set up our Shapeoko Pro XXL today. As we were initializing the machine we noticed that it didn’t seem to be triggering the Y-axis end-stop. I placed a metallic object over the end-stop to confirm that it was working before powering off the machine and slowing moving the gantry to the back. We then noticed that the cap on the right side of the gantry was hitting the end stop before it could register. To fix this, we loosened the screws on the y-axis end-stop, lowered the end-stop a hair, and re-tightened the bolts. The gantry was able to slide back, triggering the y-axis end-stop and initialization succeeded.

We’re in business!

8 Likes

Yea. The proximity switches are both great and a curse. When the switch is mounted too high it will not trigger. Many people that upgrade on t he Shapeoko 3 have had the proximity switches seem to fail only to adjust them and they worked. Glad you figured it out. Happy machining.

Mine had the same thing upon first initialization. Axis was crashing on the endstop until I lowered it.

1 Like

Glad that you figured it out Harold. I shared this in case others ran into the same issue and also in hopes that it would be picked up by Carbide’s support and quality assurance teams.

My first post. Thinking about an XXL Pro but still on the fence. So much to consider.

Glad you fixed the switch prob. Noticed your nice stand. Where did you get the metal legs? Looks like a versatile setup. Also, what is that table size? I likely will use a laptop and contemplating where the heck to put it. Maybe an articulating arm assembly but with a platform instead of clamps.

Good machining to you.

Amazing build. Just bought one. Kind of sad its not stand alone in easel pro though in terms of running the job. I’m praying there’s a plan to make it so. Still looking to trial sending G code from Easel and understand the limitations of doing so. I read you need to send the code for both roughing and detail bits separate and tool changing isn’t prompted. Also bit setter doesn’t work when using Easel pro. Is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any responder I will call to keep it brief. TY!