Shapeoko xxl coming in under 33"

I have been recently cleaning and recalibrating my xxl and am finding that the x axis travels further to the right side than the left, leaving the total working width to 32 3/4" versus 33" in my last project I needed every bit of 33" so this is a concern for me.

I manually jogged the machine to both ends and this is what I’m getting. Is there a simple fix for this?

There is nothing blocking the left side to prevent it to travel any further.

these are normally grbl settings… try getting the output of the $$ command

1 Like

We implement soft limits when jogging in Grbl ---- it will work to move the machine using G-Code commands.

I’m not sure what $$ command refers to?

1 Like

Have you checked your config. With HDZ there is a limited option to keep the suckit arms from crashing into the x rails.

Does this mean that it will go the remaining distance using a g-code file?

Yes. You just need to set the origin and movement appropriately to allow for that — may take a bit of experimentation, and I’d suggest starting by calibrating:

I calibrated using the tone method works great, thanks.

So far everything else is coming out square down to a 64th of an inch (I spent all day doing this)

So safe to say I can leave the extra gap of the left side alone as is per normal operation of the machine? It’s the only noticeable difference I can spot on the machine at this point

Yes, so long as the rails are parallel and everything is square that should be fine.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.