Shapeoko3 xxl, Z axis belt

Hello, I am new in CNC world, my shapeoko 3 xxl Z axis belt looks off the track, any guidance, video or link will really be appreciated.

Cap you provide a picture?

First thing to check would be the pulley on the Z Axis stepper motor - does it look like it is far enough onto the shaft of the motor.

The belt clips can misaligned. If they are you can loosen the bolt and use a pair of pliers to hold the clips in place while you tighten up the bolt. If you just tighten the bolt the clips tend to rotate and can cause you a couple of problems. First is the belt seems misaligned. Second the gantry may not go all the way to the stop because the gantry hits the belt clips that are rotated up.

Please post a photo showing how the belt tracks.

If it’s a machine w/ a belt-drive Z-axis it’s possible that the X- and Z-motors are swapped, causing this problem.

The belt needs to be at position A or B. I labeled that with Red arrows, also the part which is marked B is Fixed(Does not move) is it supposed to be fixed?

The belt needs to be at position A or B. I labeled that with Red arrows, also the part which is marked B is Fixed(Does not move) is it supposed to be fixed?

The belt goes around the toothed part of the pulley which, yes, is meant to be fixed so that when the motor drives the belt the axis has to go up and down.

2 Likes

Thanks very much, really appreciate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.