Shapeoko4xxl issues

Here’s a real head scratcher when I purchased my xxl4 CNC 2 years ago the first set of brushes went out after 2 months and router locked up on me a few days ago lower bearing fried out and crazy as it sounds I decided to buy 2 since they were $80 well just this morning I was rerunning the program after old router died and just as the program was about done the new one locked up so I turned it off let set for a second and turned back on and it’s singing like the old one right before it locked up . I’m routing out some trays at max rpm due to hardwood I’m using and speed of route is about 35 there is no bog down and I’m using a brand new bit and only cutting 1/8" deep this setting has been my basic set up overall depending on what I’m doing . This gets stranger after a friend on mine seen my CNC she had to have one too told her I really like mine well after she used hers after we set it up her mother board caught fire no other damage done she’s had 4 factory installed screws fall out while running project one of the y axes wires went bad and the brushes went out on router just after maybe total of 4 hours of use she likes the machine and for her customer service has been great . So to my question has anyone else had router issues straight out of the box I’ve been in the wood working industry for 37 years and this has been a real head scrather

There have been a few instances of routers which are bad out of the gate — let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get it replaced under warranty.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.