Shaping words to fit around a circle

Hello group Is there a way to shape text to fit a circle. I’m trying to put words around a 12" circle to fit around like a ring.

Hey @DennisG - THere’s a pretty good thread here:

A program like Inkscape, if probably the best bet. Carbide create isn’t really built for such things in my experience

Carbide needs to be revamped. Got to have to many apps to do a project.

I read a previous post that you could just individually place each letter, one at a time. (Select text, place, rotate, move, adjust)
I have done this on several projects and it works well, although a little time consuming.
Bill

2 Likes

I do not use CC, but I would like to respectfully disagree with that kind of blanket statement. I use Inkscape for about 75% of my - what I like to call - 2D designing. Stuff that is not a 3D shape. Simple plaque or sign or whatnot that is just the bit pocketing or following a line.

I use Vectric V-Carve desktop for all my V-carving and diamond drag engraving, as well as the 3D (really 2.5D) cutting on my XXL.

I use MakerCam to create my g-code for most of my 2D cutting, and V-Carve for the rest. I just bought MeshCAM to cut aluminum things I design with SolidWorks.

Point is, each one of those programs has something they do that is easier or more streamlined than the other ones.

I am sure you use or have used Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access). Could you imagine the mess of a program that had all of those programs combined? Imagine the menu system you would need to navigate, and how cluttered your screen would look if you needed to have the menus for every one of those programs available to you.

I think that - while I do not use it in my day-to-day work flow - I have tried it out and find it to be simple enough to get familiar with while not being too complicated for the beginner to get going on.

You should try out Inkscape, really. It is a great vector program, and I love using the alignment ability, and the translate ability in it. Then, save the vector file and open it in V-Carve or MakerCam or CC.

EDIT: Also, you can put text on a line in Inkscape very easily. It’s a simple menu command.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.