Simple picture outline

Hello all,
I’m trying to do a simple outline of a picture and i can’t seem to figure out how to get carbide create to just carve the simple outline. I wants to vcarve the entire design and it does not look right, any help would be appreciated
IMG_7938

Try using a contour tool path with no offset. The simulation will not display correctly if you are using a v-bit. With a 16th inch square endmill you’d get something like this.

Offset things to the outside, but you’ll need to draw in the missing sections:

Import:

Zoom in on an area w/ missing linework:

Draw in an area to address what is missing:

Select the two elements:

Boolean Union:

Repeat.

Delete everything but the outline:

Fix any areas which were missed:

Reimport the original:

Group or move to a separate layer and re-align:

If you want to cut black as incised V carving you’re good to go:

Select the outline and cut out:

1 Like

If you want to reverse things, then offset the outline to the outside and do an Advanced V carving:

guitarplayer.c2d (1.3 MB)

3 Likes

A great explanation…that might help me with a similar task with a builder cartoon. I can’t wait to try it.

Whole country locked down here while we try to get on top of Delta. Weird after a year of almost normal life.
Other than a few rebels everyone taking it seriously and doing as asked. Its spreading through school and university sites. I am retired and my wife can work from home so no real impact on us but not good for a lot of folks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.