I have a new Shapeoko 4. I had it plugged in to the wall and it was working fine. I later moved it and plugged it into a power strip, turned it on (but didn’t run the machine) and started having smoke come from the power connection at the control board within minutes. I quickly unplugged it, cooled it down, etc. The only other thing that was getting power from the power strip was my computer which was fine.
I removed it from the power strip, plugged it directly into the wall and it seems to still work fine. I checked all wires, all connections, etc. Everything seems fine. I’ve ran probably 50 projects on it since then with no issues.
Is this normal with a power strip? Do I need to send it back even though it seems to be okay? I would hate to have shortened the life span of something and be unaware only for the warranty to expire and be stuck with the bill.