Snap to grid bypass?

Making some small items and the snap to grid is getting in the way not allowing me to precisely position items. Is there either a way to turn it off or at least a modifier key that overrides it? (like in Photoshop I believe holding the control key allows you to drag items without the grid snapping them in place)?

OK, kind of found a workaround. I did not know you could change the grid spacing so I just made it really large and that allowed me to place the items I needed to with ease but it’s still a valid question if there is a way to turn it off or override it.

Upper right corner on the green menu bar, click ‘snap to grid’.
If it has a rectangle around it, then it’s on, if it doesn’t, then it’s off.

Not really the most intuitive indicator, but it works. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m half blind I guess cause I missed that, at least that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it :grinning:

no worries. been there plenty of times. :slight_smile:

That ‘Snap to Grid’ box on the top right took me forever to figure out as well. Maybe in future releases the "Snap to Grid’ could be in the same place where you set the grid spacing.

I wouldn’t want it hidden away. I use it while drawing. Many times mid-polyline, so i can put a point between grid lines, and then turn it back on again for the rest of the lines.
I just think the on/off could be a little clearer.
I mean I’m used to it now, but i can see how it can be confusing for new users…

1 Like