SO3: How do you calibrate X&Y axis to make perfect circles/squares?

Not aware of pulleys w/ a matching flat. They’d be expensive / time r consuming to make.

Alternately a key way would work.

1 Like

Yes it is. I cut a few more test squares with accurate, repeatable results (at least the few I tried late last night). Time will tell if these settings hold and if I have truly rectified the problem.

I did recalibrate first with the 24" ruler, then I dialed it in further using the test squares. This may or may not be the best way to do it, but it is working so far. The ruler, while gives a better overall large measurement, is pretty course in it’s accuracy. I then cut some squares in the 2", 3" and 4" size to further dial it in using digital calipers. I can only go up to 8" with my calipers.

Again, thanks for spoon-feeding me on this one :relaxed:

Great! Pass the favor on to the next one in need. We have all been there at some point.

1 Like

Good enough at this size! Not sure how it will fare at a larger size, but this is a home-run as far as I am concerned.

Just wanted to add my thank you to all of those whom contributed to this thread. I had the same issue and traced it to a loose pulley on the X axis. I have a 4pro and the stepper motors have a flat spot, however the set screws where not aligned with it at all. Out of sight, out of mind. Thank you again for helping me fix this.

1 Like