SO5 Pro Showoff Thread

I posted the files in the Facebook group, but haven’t uploaded them to anywhere else. :slight_smile:

Any chance you can post them here? I deleted my Facebook years back (for better or worse).

I ordered a 4x4 and am really excited, but after building the table . . . it’s huge. I think I could have definitely been fine with 4x2, but the price wasn’t too much more, got the space, so figured hell why not.

3 Likes

I went ahead and uploaded them to Thingiverse. :slight_smile:

Bolt Organizer:

Bit Organizer:

Clamp Organizer:

Clamp Step Block Box:

Clamp Step Blocks:

9 Likes

Please post a picture of the finished product! Very curious to see how it is finished.

1 Like

I missed having a BitZero… so I made sure to get one for the SO5 Pro. Already designed a holster for it and the cable. Need to add a could couple holes for the pins and then I’ll print tonight.

7 Likes

Just a couple revisions on the BitZero holster, then I’ll post it to Thingiverse.

Got started painting the first 48" Star Wars Aztec Dial. Going for a “found in an ancient temple” look. Have some more layers and smoothing to do.

14 Likes

Many thanks @SLCJedi for sharing the STLs! My 3D printer got a real workout over the last week :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like your Star Wars wall hanging. Obviously you do not know that the Gen Z crowd think that a thumbs up emoji or giving the thumbs up sign is rude. Not quite sure why but the rules have changed and some think your signal is offensive. Personally it is mind over matter. I dont mind and they dont matter. Good Work :+1: :vulcan_salute:

Talk about rude, “live long and prosper” is from Star Trek! :roll_eyes:

:rofl: :rofl:
If not clear, I am just joking. :wink:

2 Likes

5 Likes

@gdon_2003 I hang out with a ton of early Gen Z people in the costuming community and I have never heard a single one say that the thumbs up is offensive and they use it often. My daughters are late Gen Z and I see them and their school mates use it all the time. I have no idea where that notion is coming from.

EDIT: That seemed like an extraordinary claim, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I found one NYTimes article that stated one guy said that one Reddit thread said some Gen Z find the thumbs up emoji to be passive aggressive. So even that limits it to a very specific circumstance. They also said there was a “survey” done, but I can’t find who did the supposed “survey”, any data from the “survey”, who did the “survey”, who/how many was in the “survey” or anything that validates it. So until a single Gen Z tells me it is offensive I will dismiss that claim outright due to lack of anything remotely resembling evidence. :slight_smile:

@Steve.Mc I’m a HUGE Fallout fan…so I approve of your picture. :smiley:

5 Likes

He’s possibly confusing it with the “ok” or “perfect” hand sign, which is taken as meaning “white power” by some small minds, because there is a w and p in the shape. :ok_hand:

I’d rather leave the mindless politics on Reddit, and enjoy more Fallout art here, personally.

5 Likes

Same here. Thus why it doesn’t fly in the FB group.

1 Like

I often have trouble discerning whether a thumb’s up emoji is being used ironically. Speaking of funny young people things, I’ve heard that the youts find punctuation to be passive aggressive . . . .

edit: punctuation

Absolutely beautiful. What’s this cut from MDF?

Yes. And painted with acrylic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the second slot for the magnet? Why does it seem so wide?

Left slot is for the BitZero, the counter-bored hole in the front is for a 6mm bolt to attach the magnet to, and the right is for the cable to get coiled up into.

1 Like

Aw man, that’s really smart! Can’t wait to see the files when they’re done.

1 Like