SO5 shuddering/chatter issure

Two days ago, I cut a PVC fence system into my spoil board. Had zero problems. Cut great. 1.55 x .50 bore with a chamfered edge. Came out great. Happy with the results And finally ready to start cutting jobs.

Went to a job for a friend today. Simple advanced V carve and every bit is shuddering / chattering. Especially on radius’s.

I tested different tooling. Different feeds and speeds. And node edited the design. I even made several other test cuts and it continues to happen.

The original file was created in aspire. Same as my fence system. I exported The vectors Carbide create to see if that was the problem and it still keeps happening.

It will do a fast straight, cut, clean, then slow down like it’s being incrementally jogged.

I’m at a loss here. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

This is with the S05 and the 2.2 KW Spindle.

Has anyone experienced this?

Here’s some video

And the dot C2D File I used for more test cuts

Test cutss with Carbide Motion.c2d (88 KB)

I would upload The aspire file, but it won’t allow me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also a picture of the fence system it cut just fine.

Seems like I’ve had very bad luck with this machine. I’ll get it set up and be able to run a single file correctly and then the next time I go and use it there’s some problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

That looks like the computer the machine is connected to is not processing fast enough. I have had this happen a few times with my tablets and every single time it’s Windows doing it’s 10th update that week and the download/install is hogging system resources. So make sure something in the background isn’t running and bogging your computer down.

1 Like

I’ll check the computer connection and that nothing is running in the background and try re-running to see if that changes anything.

1 Like

@SLCJedi - Yeah, it had to be something like that because I fired it up the next day since then it’s been running perfectly. I think it was because the mac I use running CM, the was dead and I plugged in and got it and running, but the battery was quite low and charging, so it was taking up a lot of resources charging it while trying to run CM.

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Glad it was something simple. :slight_smile: