Software to remap my laptop keyboard

My new Microsoft laptop in the bottom left hand corner has a Fn (Function) key vs Ctrl key. Every time I press Ctrl+C, I end up hitting Fn Key.

Based on the posts on keymapping/pendants, it sounds like I should be able to trick the computer to think the Fn key is Ctrl and vise versa.

My question is: What is the software you recommend? (Can google this, but concerned I may be downloading Malware, hence my ask from the group)


What make is the machine? It may be an option to do this in the BIOS or keyboard control panel, e.g.,