Speakers too big!

My local (big name company I can’t mention) speaker manufacturer has had me making prototype speaker boxes for about ten years. This time he wanted some 4-foot tall towers. They are too large for my Shapeoko to do in a single cut so I had to adapt a 2-file strategy and it worked great.

One speaker hole was cut then the entire board was shifted on the machine to accommodate the second group of speakers. The cnc is not really required for two speakers, but should he ever want another similar design, the exercise will prove invaluable.

There are one small and one large square hole for horns and two matching woofer holes. Also a small hole on the back for the connector. 3/4 MDF, 48 x 12 x 12 finished size. He was quite happy.

13 Likes

They have added tiling to CC. There are some prerequisites for using the tiling feature but it is simple. Look it up here on the forum. I had to go look and it is a Pro only feature.

This was a matter of the panel being 48 inches. So I made the first file at 13 x 12 then the second at whatever it needed to fit the rest. Tricky part was getting the two pieces exactly the same – which is where the cnc came in handy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.