Speed Dial Lock for Makita

I had issues recently with my Makita trim router’s speed dial vibrating/rotating itself to different speeds when cutting…easy to tell when the tone of the cut kept changing under load. I saw a couple of options online but decided to make my own bungie-corded version. I thought it might be helpful to post here, so hope this helps someone else!

https://www.printables.com/model/822773-dial-lock-for-makita-trim-router

4 Likes

Interesting. I’ve had my Makita router since 2019, and never once did it change speed unless I did it.

One thing that’s easy to do is put the toe end of a sock over the top of the router. That will keep hands off the dial and keep saw dust out of the router innards, too.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, this one has been in use since spring of 2019. Good suggestion, I’ve also had an old sock covering the intake and dial for as long as I can remember having it! Not sure what I could have otherwise done preventatively :thinking:

This seems to be a decent bandage with a few successful runs, so I’m happy for now. Time will tell :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.