If anyone from Carbide 3D reads this, please feed this back to your manufacturing team.
My Nomad has about 40 hours of run time, cutting small aluminium parts. Chatter was getting increasingly bad, to the point where bits were being snapped, stock was being wasted, and no amount of dialing back speeds & feeds could produce a good end product. Clearly, something was wrong.
I noticed (when applying light pressure) that the spindle body was moving laterally in the bracket. Tightening the bracket didn’t help, so I removed the spindle for inspection.
Turns out, the spindle body is too small for the bracket, and the factory had fixed this by wrapping 1/2" sticky tape around the spindle body. This simply wasn’t good enough to lock the spindle securely in the 1" bracket.
The fix was trivial - replace the 1/2" tape with 1" painters tape. Now the spindle is rock solid. Feeds and speeds are back to normal, and I see a huge improvement in surface finish out of the machine.