Spindle wont start up

This morning, I came in as usual and powered up the 4 xxl. Usually the big round button on the spindle controller will light up. This morning, it does not. The speed indicater is flashing 0.0 as usual but but the button won’t come on. I’ve checked all the cable connections. Not sure where to go from here.

I need some trouble shooting help?

Charlie

Write in to support@carbide3d.com if you haven’t and we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

Sounds like the PCB inside of your VFD box gave up. Carbide3D support will need to send you a replacement.

You can check for 24V coming from your 4xxl by probing between the red and black wires going to the VFD box. If you are getting the 24V then the above statement holds true.

Tested the red and black and 24v is reaching the VFD. So, if that’s correct, they the pcb must have an issue, right?

Yes, you will need to contact support to get a new PCB. Let them know that the light on the button is not on and the VFD box is getting 24V.

1 Like

The VFD was sent via USPS on 10/27. I have not heard anything more from you. Did you get the package? Do we have any idea of the turn around time? Works piling up.

Thanks

Found your ticket and attached a note to it and we’ll do our best to let you know as quickly as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.