Start of job, Z is off but X,Y and Z are all correct

I used the BitZero 2.0 to set my X, Y and Z.

When I start my job (attached), it starts above the stock I would say about 100mm to high. I am just guessing at that height but certainly never reaches the stock.

If I jog to X and Y, that is correct.
If I jog to 6mm about stock, that works.

testing pockets.c2d (52 KB)

OH, I have turned machine off a few times and re-initialized a few times as well. Initialization all seems normal.

Where is the origin set in the file?

How are you setting zero relative to the stock?

Origin is set to bottom and I am using the BitZero to set X, Y and Z.

See:

WOW, not sure what happened here. All I did was change to a different computer and saved the file and now it is working. I don’t think I changed anything.

Thank you

I’m glad to hear that it worked out.

From your above comments you used the BitZero to set X Y and “Z”. That would set your Z origin at the top of the material. If in the c2d file you used the bottom of material that would cause your air job. You can use the BitZero to set X and Y but you would need to move your BitZero to the spoilboard to set Z zero at the bottom.

When you use bottom of material for Z but set the Z at the top of the material CC thinks the bottom is the top of the material so the job runs the material thickness times 2 to start cutting. That is why you got the air job.

3 Likes

That makes sense. I bet I changed it on the other computer and that is why it worked. Sorry, I really don’t remember if I changed it there or not.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.