Steel core belts source - Neoprene vs. Polyurethane?

Hey All,

I’m still new to this…sorry if this is a dumb question. I have checked the link provided on this post: Steel core belts.

The aliexpress product is white. The title says the belt is polyurethane. The belts that came with my SO3 in March 2020 are steel core, but are black. I believe that means they are neoprene based. Am I correct? I want to have belts on the shelf and have already broken 2 (one due to my stupidity and one wore out on the Y…possibly because I over tensioned it during calibration). The service kit I ordered comes with 3, so I have one left and don’t want to buy another kit just to get 3 more belts. I’d like to have a generous supply of belts as I’m trying to start a business and need the machine to be up and running. Can I use the white belting from the link in the post above or do I need to find black neoprene steel core (something I haven’t been able to find) to match what is on the machine?

Again, sorry if these are dumb questions. I’ve put an email through to C3D to see if I can just buy belts from them as well.

Thanks for any pointers you all can provide.

2 Likes

Looks like the white ones are suitable

I actually ordered a roll due in some time next month. I don’t currently have steel reinforced belts.

There’s a whole range of different belts measured and tested in this thread.

I’m using the reprap.nl kevlar belts which seem fine, and more flexible than the steel but there’s a whole load of others.

1 Like

Thanks…just reviewed that thread and it was very informative.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.