Step/direction pads on SP4 board?

Does anyone know if the new SP4 boards have available pads on the board for the step/direction of the y axis on board drivers? I wrote a fusion 360 post processor to do axis substitution in order to do 3 axis rotary machining but the my rotary setup has a large nema27 motor and I don’t want to fry the y axis drivers on the board, wanted to see if I can connect an external driver without having to solder connectors directly on the driver chip pins.

I can’t speak to the Shapeoko Pro 4 boards but no board Carbide 3D has made in the past has had exposed step/dir outputs. If you want to use your own stepper/servo drivers, I wouldn’t try soldering to the existing pins. You’re better off replacing the controller entirely.

That said, driving a NEMA27 motor with the Carbide Motion board shouldn’t fry it, it should drive the motor just fine, but with less torque and current than the motor is rated for.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.