Strange behavior, or did I do it wrong?

(JJ Cummings) #1

See the screenshot, not sure why it’s offsetting the imported gerber so that it’s not on the copper sheet on the web application, but maybe I’m doing something wrong or?

0 Likes

(William Adams) #2

Could you post files here, or e-mail them in to support@carbide3d.com? We’ll try to have a developer take a look.

0 Likes

(JJ Cummings) #3

Will, the gerber files are located in the “gerbers” path of this github repo: https://github.com/mathisschmieder/MMDVM_HS_Hat

JJC

1 Like

(Julien Heyman) #4

Hi JJ,

Just in case it could be something similar, check out this thread maybe ? Could be a problem with one of the offset options used during the GERBER export ? (assuming this came from Eagle or similar eCAD tool)

0 Likes

(JJ Cummings) #5

Julien,

I’ll have a look at the thread, it was exported from KiCad I believe.

JJC

0 Likes

(JJ Cummings) #6

So I looked at the file in FlatCam and it looks like it’s not a bug in copper but rather however it was designed, the origin is like -155,138 or so mm offset and that’s why it’s sticking it way down where it is… now, I just need to figure out how to fix that lol

0 Likes

(Julien Heyman) #7

I (vaguely) remember that Copper allows adjusting an X/Y offset, maybe this could suffice as a workaround.

1 Like

(JJ Cummings) #8

It does, but only for the hole (excellon) portion, not for the signal (gerber) layer :frowning:

0 Likes

(James Heald) #9

If you’re using KiCAD, in PCBnew toolbar go to Place->Drill and Place Offset. This will give you a crosshair to place your origin point. When you export, make sure to check the “Use Auxiliary Axis as Origin” box for both the gerbers and the drill file.

0 Likes