Streamlining Workflow for a 250 Sheet / Setup Job

Does it work if you add 1second delay between the (apparently ignored) first M5 and the M0 ?

G94

M3 S12000
G4P3
M5
G4P1
M0
M3
G4P3
M5
M30

1 Like

Be sure you’re running the latest CM build. There was a problem recently where M5 in the middle of a program were not properly handled. Most people didn’t notice though since an M6, M2 or M30 turned the spindle off properly.

5 Likes

I am on build 513, because I’m a big if it ain’t broke don’t fix it software guy.
Updating now to to the latest, will confirm that was the issue momentarily.

1 Like

It’s broke…

4 Likes

And build 537 fixed it :slight_smile:

All good now. M5 shuts it off albeit annoyingly with the “please turn off spindle” dialog box popping up in CM.

3 Likes

And they fixed it.

They always do.

5 Likes

When I worked for Oracle they only supported the latest version and the single previous. If you called for support and you were several versions back they would tell you to update first and then call back. Oracle was quite cold and ruthless about their customer service attitude. On one hand the latest version has the most fixes in it, but if they update today and yesterday you were supported today you are no longer supported because you are two versions back.

I worked for 40 years repairing enterprise computer systems and other business systems. Many customers have the attitude that if it aint broke dont fix it. That sounds good but the vulnerabilities keep piling up with each new version that comes out and you keep the old version. Technically you may be working but you do not know what changes/upgrades are available or even if your version makes you susceptible to failures, until it fails.

Carbide3d has made an incredible amount of updates to their software in the last two years. They have moved very fast to upgrade and make their software better and feature rich. However at the pace they have moved there will be mistakes made and corrections that must be made. So far they seem to have been able to fix their mistakes and keep moving forward.

I would encourage everyone to try to keep up to date or at least one version back.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.