Support Show Webinar - Next Episode

We have a regularly occurring session where one of our support team members will lead a live webinar where they cover topics related to support. It’s a great opportunity to ask questions live, hang out, and hopefully learn something.
This is a great chance to directly engage with the team beyond back and fourth e-mails or phone calls. If you can’t make it, Kevin has been fantastic about posting recordings about a week after the show takes place.
Please spread the word on these. I’ll update this thread with next dates/details as I get them. If you have any topics you’d like to see covered, please post that here as well.

Next episode:

Seems like next episode will be skipped. So no meeting on the 4th of August

7 Likes

If possible please discuss the Inlay feature that was recently added to CC. I will be traveling Friday but will listen to the recorded version. Thanks

2 Likes

Where are the older episodes posted?

Episode one:

Episode two:

Episode three:

Episode four:

Episode 5 will probably be posted sometime next week or the following week.

2 Likes

Next episode is up on youtube and the next instance of the support show info has been posted.

Episode 5:

4 Likes

Will mentioned I should probably add the link here at the bottom of the page as well, incase someone doesn’t catch that I’ve modified the top with the new link:

Next episode:

Topic: The Support Show - Episode 6
Time: Jun 23, 2023 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Launch Meeting - Zoom
Meeting ID: 857 6869 2375
Passcode: 242775

Meeting ID: 857 6869 2375
Passcode: 242775
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

2 Likes

Updated with new link at the top, but also here:
Nick will be hosting this one.
Topic: The Support Show - Episode 7
Time: Jul 7, 2023 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 843 5604 5370
Passcode: 290907

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I will be hosting the next meeting, Episode #8

The topic is:

Everything you didn’t know about Carbide Create

We will post the Zoom call specifics as soon as they are available.

Please feel free to show up and ask questions, or to post any topic suggestions here.

Also, since I’m hosting this, we’re bribing folks to show up with a door prize (since my experience with my children leads me to believe that this is necessary to get folks to put up with my pontificating) — during the Zoom Call we will put up a secret phrase which folks can mail in to projects@carbide3d.com along with the screenname which they used and their mailing address — the winner will be randomly selected from among the contestants and will receive a random sampling of Carbide 3D stickers which can used to decorate their machine, workplace, laptop, or anything else which won’t object to such application:

6 Likes

Sorry, I missed Did not see the link to join.

Was it today the 14th or next friday the 21st?

It will be Friday the 21st — it’s every two weeks.

1 Like

Sorry, my bad…20 characters

Topic: The Support Show - Episode 8
Everything you didn’t know about Carbide Create
Time: Jul 21, 2023 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 893 2375 9959
Passcode: 349628

3 Likes

Will you also be covering CC Pro or just CC?

Mostly the bundled version of Carbide Create — but if there are any questions specifically on Carbide Create Pro I’ll address them as best I can.

1 Like

Just finished up.

My thanks to everyone who attended, and especially to the folks who asked questions.

I just realized that I didn’t provide the secret phrase for the door prize drawing — but that’s okay, I’m on the hook to do this again in two weeks time, so we’ll do it then.

One question which was raised was using textures and making leaves, which yielded this rather nice picture frame:

LEAF FRAME.c2d (1.2 MB)

6 Likes

I didn’t see a zoom invite for this week’s show. I was wandering if the announcements are still here or have they moved to another area?

We have put these on hold for a while — we’ll let folks know what is going to happen once a decision has been reached.

1 Like