Sweepy scews jumping to their death

ok. So a bit of hyperbole there. With vibration the screws on the Sweepy 2.0 on my Pro XL keep backing out. I did manage to find the last one that decided to jump, but I figured I probably ought to stock some spares. What size are those? (this is the screws in the clamp part)

I am wondering if I should glue a rare-earth magnet right by them so when they fall out they stick to the magnet so I don’t have to go searching :unamused:

Thanks

John

p.s. I did dig through the Big Bag o’Extra Hardware ™ but didn’t seem to see any of that size in there. Since the Sweepy is included in the machine, it might be nice to throw a couple of spares in there (with the washer).

1 Like

I have a couple that occasionally tremble their way toward the Great Pit of Carkoon too, but have yet to lose one. I’ve been thinking of putting some Locktite Threadlocker (blue) on them, but have yet to remember to pick some up when I’m at the hardware store. I only remember when I’m trying to find the small wrench to tighten one about to jump mid-job.

I think they are m3. You could put try putting some.lock nuts in there to see if it helps things.

I mostly just loosen them and re-tighten with a hex key every time I adjust it. There is a very fine line between loose enough to use the clamp lever and falling out during a carve.
Not worth it to me to destroy a bit or a carve to find out it was not tight enough.

That is what I do nearly every time.

Anthony

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.