T Track Nuts for Shapeoko Pro

Anyone know where you can buy the T Track Nuts that come with the Shapeoko Pro. Looks like they take a M6 Button Head Screw

Following - I’m interested in these myself.

The T-nuts are standard ones such as one can pick up at pretty much any machining shop for use on metric T-slot tables.

For dimensions see:

I got these, they work great:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHJPB9G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_2P8EC9AG7NY6VNFX4ZJ4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

Thanks Guys. I’ll some some of these

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Finally got the Pro set up for my classroom, and I now see the need for these T-nuts. I was literally just helping a student with a design that uses captive nuts, and I made these as a quick example to give him a better idea. And it will also help with clamping.
Prints without supports, with an easy cleanup. If I make a bunch more, I might remove the top “tube” and print on the side. Regular M6 nut fully inserted. I’m sure it’ll hold for even the most psychotic clampers.
I will get the models on Thingiverse if anyone is interested.

13 Likes

Hi Neil. They look like decent T Track Nuts. Definitely be interested in a Thingiverse link if you’re still willing :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DeadMetal Welcome to the community!
They are decent nuts, thank you.
I’ll see if I can get a link up tonight or sometime soon. In the meantime, here is the STL.
T-nut_soPro.stl (272.2 KB)

4 Likes

Wow, those look great. I am assuming that 1/4-20 hardware no longer works now with the t-tracks?

Untested…
T-nut_soPro_14-20.stl (273.9 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks! Now to find some 3D printable clamps.

I would say mill them (from wood or aluminum) rather than print them?
A clamp needs to be quite rigid, or bad things tend to happen.
Those green ones on the pic are C3D’s fiber-reinforced ones.
I am aware that there are all kinds of fancy 3D filaments nowadays and I am not saying it’s not possible to print good sturdy clamps, but I wonder if it is worth it (when one has a CNC, that is!)

1 Like

There are a couple of designs at:

https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Workholding

I tried a couple of different 3D printed designs — they work, but have a lot of flex and give and I came to view them as even more disposable than the wooden or plastic ones which are easily cut out:

1 Like

Fiber-reinforced? Ah. I thought they were just plastic. Perhaps I’ll try milling a few then. If the t track nuts weren’t so small, I’d probably try milling those too.