Table Design for the Shapeoko Pro XXL CNC Router

I have been needing to make a table for the Carbide 3D Shapeoko Pro XXL I just purchased and finally got around to it.

I thought I would share some notes, photos, video walkthrough, and the 3D model in case anyone else was looking for some ideas or had some methods to improve.

For the build I considered open vs closed, wood vs metal, and what kind of storage and dust collection was necessary.

After looking at the 80/20 Aluminum Extrusion options pretty thoroughly I decided to just make it out of wood and call it a day and about 2.5 trips to Home Depot.

This turned out great with the leveling feet and is more than level for what I need to be tackling.

I have made one before and I must say that painting it white and adding under lighting really makes things nice. Mounting an on/off switch for the entire system and one for the router/vacuum has been great.

Also the laptop table is nice. Make sure to get one that is stiff enough so when you accidentally lean too much on it the computer doesn’t fall to the ground.

Use these files as you wish but with the understanding that the are “as is” and you will likely need a 3D program, like Fusion 360, to open them.

Thanks for checking it out!

3D Files: Table Design for the Shapeoko Pro XXL CNC Router by CaseyJScalf - Thingiverse

Walkthrough Video: Walkthrough of Carbide 3D Shapeoko Pro XXL CNC Router Table - YouTube

10 Likes

That is nice and clean and should prove of good service to you.

It will also change a bit over time. Chapeau.

1 Like

Thank you!

So true on the changes. I try my best to get it close the first time but inevitably add on things as ideas come up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.