The beginnings of a near drop-in Nomad Pro 30kRPM spindle upgrade

Sure! It’s late in the evening here so I’ll do it tomorrow for you and update this post.

Edit: I have a nomad 833 pro and not a 3.

EDIT#2 - Photos of my Naked Nomad 883 Pro:

3 Likes

Nice engagement on that cut, plot looks good. Have you tested tool life with roughing at that low chipload?

Hot damn it looks better naked. I’d really want to cover the rails with something though, mine are covereed in enough chips as it is…

1 Like

Oh that looks fantastic. And as you say, having the Y rails exposed must make them much easier to clean. I assume you only had to remove the aluminium bed before removing the composite panels?

I’m in two minds about doing this to my Nomad 3 given how new it is. But my enclosure is super tight for space, which makes cleaning underneath a real pain.

2 Likes

I didn’t remove the bed. The material can be cut with a decent knife and some care - the aluminium foil is not that thick. I used such a knife and cut it free. It wasn’t terrible easy, but possible with a little patience.

1 Like

Thanks! I haven’t tested tool life, I think I probably mill far too little to really notice it. Plus, I am in an apartment so extended tests like that for the sake of testing isn’t super comfortable.

2 Likes