The Nomad 3 in my Tiny Workshop

I emailed and ask for the status. I hope you get yours soon. :grinning: :beer:

2 Likes

I ordered seconds after it came up. After a few weeks I emailed and ask for the status and they said it ships the following day. Maybe I got lucky and got one of the units that were ready to ship that week. But hang in there, this week should be about 30 days. One thing I know, they do what they promise.
:star_struck: :beer:

2 Likes

Installed a threaded table and low level vice. My first Fusion 360 designed project. Still using renshape, trying not to kill endmills early in my learning process.

3 Likes

I discovered this recently but I think you’re actually better off bolting the vise to the Nomad’s bed directly rather than to the threaded table.

The Nomad’s bed has holes perfectly spaced for mounting the vise and most importantly, those 6mm holes at either end of the vise are made to line up with matching holes in the Nomad bed when you put dowel pins through them. With that, you can get the vise very square, very easily.

2 Likes

thank you. I’ll be using the threaded table more in the future. i was hoping to switch from other workholdings to low level vice without the need to remove the table. so far this works while i’m still learning; but will follow your advice when it’s time for me to machine more tougher materials. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s still fine to use it on the threaded table, you’ll just need to be careful whenever you do something that relies on squareness, because without those alignment pins, the vise will always be slightly crooked unless you square it manually. This will cause issues if you have to do multiple setups (e.g. if you flip or rotate your stock between operations).

If you’re doing one setup though it’s probably fine.

2 Likes

Still waiting for mine to arrive, the wait is so painful :smiley: Wouldn’t mind seeing some more picture/ videos of the Nomad 3 in action?!

3 Likes

Did you get shipping notification already? I wish I could share more technical/intermediate level functions of the machine but at the moment I can only do some very basic stuff since im honestly very new to machining. Is there anything particular you would like to see?

1 Like

Agreed!!! I know they are crazy busy, trying to stay patient. But yes, would love to see more. The website still has the ole 883 pro on the main page, scrap that and show case that beauty Nomad 3!

3 Likes

Here is a blog post about Nomads 3s already shipping since last week.
https://carbide3d.com/blog/2020/shapeoko-pro-shipping-update/

Also there was a limited story posted by Carbide3D on instagram over the weekend showing boxes for Nomads. It was captioned shipping immediately. Unfortunately I have no screen capture and it’s no longer available on instagram. One thing is for sure. they are already shipping them out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.