The Ups & Downs - Installing the HDZ

Hi Ivan

Thanks for the feedback and we’re working on it. We had a dependancy which has held up the latest version of the instructions, this has been resolved today.

Whilst 4.17 is in beta it’s considered largely stable and supports the HDZ. As Rob has alluded to were rolling out some significant updates to this and can’t run multiple software streams.

Rest assured, we hear you and we’re working on it. If you need any help, or support the team is here for you.

Luke

3 Likes

Same process I went through yesterday as far as trying to use the instructions to install the HDZ. The other thing I did not understand until well underway was that the HDZ shipped with most of the needed hardware and only the steppers, limit switches and spindle holder are reused from your original axis.

I expected minor differences in the instructions but at times it took improvising, redoing and walking away for a break to finally get it done. I still need to do the software setup and hope that goes much smoother.

Did you see the video that is linked to in the instructions?

As an instructional designer and videographer, I’d love to offer my skillset and knowledge to Carbide 3D to build straightforward and consistent support documentation and videos. Honestly, speeds and feed videos should be treated as tutorials and guides on carbide3d.com; instead they’re posted to youtube and Instagram as marketing.

Specific examples:
I’ve had trouble understanding the documentation while building my XL, and HDZ (CM beta v. 417 link stated as if end-user used forums, and took for granted the location of said download.) It seems as though the documentation is written from a seasoned C3d user/ owner, to another seasoned c3d user/ owner. I scratched my head on several occasions wondering why Carbide 3D didn’t include a vidAs, gif, or more photos when speaking of a specific part.

Another issue I encountered - limited documentation of the Carbide Compact Router. I called support out for not having any range of speeds. Initially, the router was sold with range of 10k-27k, but even the specs listed in the manual stated something different (12k-27k).

Bottom line, Carbide 3D is leaving money on table by not having more support related videos and tutorials.

Thanks Luke, I look forward to see what you bring to Carbide. I think the new blood will be exciting. Looking forward to new changes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.