There is support even when you don't call support

Success story: I haven’t had a bit of a problem with my SO4 pro in now over two years. It’s been cold here in the south and I haven’t been to my shop in 3 weeks, having been exhausted by Christmas orders. Starting the old girl up, I found a tremendous grinding and shaking in the Y axis. It seemed like the left Y motor was lurching to keep up with the right. I did not panic. Instead, I searched this forum and found a topic from before I owned a Shapeoko. Julian addressed it here Something is definitely wrong with the Y-axis - #6 by Julien and he was dead on. Remember to use the search on this forum before you jump to conclusions. It was a connector that must a been a hair loose. I thank you all. Now to get back to work…

10 Likes

I’m with you on this, Charles. My machine went together over 18 months ago and is used mostly in a hobby capacity. Assembly went according to instructions, it squared up nicely, and has performed well.
When I did experience trouble, it was usually something I was doing wrong or managed to overlook. This Forum is one of the main reasons I selected Shapeoko. There are a lot of SO machines in use, most anything that can go wrong has, and much of that has been addressed here in this forum. Akin to being part of an old car group.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.