Things to do while waiting for our Pros to arrive

I used those same composite legs. Like most 2 dimensional objects, once you add the 3rd dimensions of a top and lower shelf, they sturdy up fast. I’ve been going on 5 years with the same bench. I’m only building another for the wider dimensions of the Pro and to fit my original XXL on the bottom shelf… Likely much to the dislike of my back and knees. The current bench will become my new assembly table.

I think I check my email 7-10 times a day… like it’ll help do anything. :smiley:

2 Likes

I got these ones, which look very similar to the ones you linked to.

So far they work great, but of course they don’t have the extra weight of the Pro sitting on them yet. I expect they’ll be just fine. They do stick out a bit, so I tried to mount them where I’m less likely to trip over them.

From what I gather, being able to access all sides of the machine is helpful during the assembly process and with certain large projects. While I don’t expect to move it around a whole lot after the Pro is assembled, adding casters to the bench now seemed much easier than wishing I’d done so later!

Good luck with your build!

2 Likes

If I build a place to live will it get here any faster? I will feed her and give her plenty of exercise. :smiley:

6 Likes

Did you received an email saying your Pro is on its way? I keep hitting refresh on my email but no shipping confirmation

No, no shipping notification for me yet on the Pro I purchased on Nov. 12th.

I emailed Carbide yesterday inquiring about where I am in the fulfillment queue, and the rep that got back to me said my order should ship next week sometime.

They reason they gave as the limiting factor is what will fit onto a truck, so UPS will only accept so many outbound shipments from Carbide per day.

1 Like

Just finished my simple cart. Gonna start putting my Pro together tonight or tomorrow morning.

I’ll eventually build an enclosure around it.

5 Likes

Looking great…I built my torsion table, but wanted to wait to get my Pro before I put the legs/frame around it as I wanted to use the CNC to do all the cutting. Not sure if I have the patience to wait that long, or I’m just going to start cutting and assembling this week (using track saw, etc).

2 Likes

I’m very happy with the way things turned out and appreciate the Carbide community for the inspiration and knowledge. Prior to ordering my pro, I spent a bunch of time reading through old posts and watching videos to get a sense of what can be done with a Shapeoko and what it takes to turn out good work. With the pro up and running, it’s time to start the journey.

9 Likes

I just got my notification this morning. Looks like my SoPro is expected to be delivered on xmas eve!

So this week’s projects will be to get dust collection in place (shop vac + cyclone dust separator) and set up the Intel NUC I’ll be using. I knew there was a reason I hung onto that little computer!

6 Likes

I use a little B-Maxx to run my SO3 and it’s a perfect fit ever since I accidentally shattered my tablet. Be sure to open it up and clean the heat sink every few months.

2 Likes

She is on her way!!! Ordered November 18th, got email today!! Tracking says on the 30th
Soooooooo excited! Now instead of checking my email hourly it is onto refreshing the FedEx page till site crashes. Lol. Thank you Carbide!!

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Got my shipping notification yesterday.

Where is it now?
Has it moved?
Why is it still there?

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve been watching my FedEx tracking page over the last couple days, seeing the shipments (3 boxes) sloooowwwlyyy going from Rockville, IL to their way here in Oakland, CA. Their expected delivery dates went from 12/24 at the start of this week to now being spread out over three days next week. One box is in Chicago, the other two are in a different city in IL.

Because of the Great Pandemic Holiday Shipping Meltdown of 2020, anything I’ve ordered or sent in the last week whether by USPS, UPS, or FedEx has taken way longer and gotten more delivery delay notifications than usual. It seems all the shipping companies are buckling under the volume and short staffing this year and on-time delivery is the exception now.

So hopefully everyone in this batch get their machines delivered safely next week, and that the boxes all arrive as a group. Remember to thank the couriers for working hard for us over the holidays!

2 Likes

We’re also being blessed by a snow storm across the Midwest further complicating things.

3 Likes

I feel like I have waited so long, I’ve run out of things to do until the unit arrives. I’ve tried to watch every youtube video and after watching Tim’s workshop video (Screenshot and link below), I felt my Pro needed an equally cool background as Tim’s Workshop

image https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OjmWaJjfFU

Below is a Graffiti Mural I made of my three boys last night…Don’t think it’s too bad for my first time.

5 Likes

Well…I’m still anxiously waiting…at Day 38 and still no tracking number with Carbide indicating it will not be ready until sometime next week :disappointed:.

So I need to add a new # to the list of things to do

1. Read lots of posts and watch lots of videos so that I am prepared to do the “tweaking” to get this thing running.
3 Likes

WELL worth the wait my friend. I have zero experience so the learning curve is steep for me. What I can say is Carbide support and this community is awesome!! As for the machine it is very well built and perdy to look at. Keep calm and she will be there before you know it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.