This has been a good purchase

excellent applied same logic in vcarve - you are a STAR!

1 Like

thanks @luc or replies must have crossed figured it out the same way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t wait to get a bigger bed.

Jon,

So the Vape sign. That is 1/2" thick PVC panel with a first surface digital print. The white outline is 1/2" white PVC. The lettering is 6mm PVC I painted with Krylon Fusion. I just use the basic carbide create and carbide motion. I do all my design in Corel Draw.

Dennis

1 Like

Some more PVC signage. This is a 1" thick PVC panel I routed out the inset. I bought the scroll bracket off Amazon for $40.

This has a plywood backer and standoffs.

7 Likes

another one along the same lines. PVC sheet is super easy to work with.

7 Likes

These look amazing! How do you do the fancy detail work around the outside?

Finding a source for PVC is not easy. I found a local supplier and got a quote for a 4’X8’X0.5" sheet for about $315US. Is that a good price? I was asked for a 4ft by 6ft sign but since it is outdoors, I would have to at least have double that thickness.

I have a sign business I use my local sign supply called Denco Sales. 4’ x 8 sheet. I pay $72 for 6mm or 1/4" thickness under the Sintra brand. I also use a brand called Celtec PVC Sheet. I pay $123 for 1/2 (12mm) sheet and $142 for 3/4" (19mm) sheet.

Do a search for sign suppliers. Here is a list to check. Fellers. Denco Sales. Johnson Plastics. Grimco. Sign Wharehouse. Glantz. Sign Mart.

One of these should ship direct. You might even try Tap Plastics or Amazon.com

4 Likes

Jonathan,

I have a vinyl cutting plotter. Common machine used in the sign industry. You can pick up a used one for $500 on ebay. I actually have a Roland PNC 1000 I need to get rid of.

2 Likes

Thanks, good to know

I have found white pvc sheet stock in various sizes here in New Hampshire at big box lumber stores and local lumber stores for less. For example:

2 Likes

Thanks, this is great but unfortunately, I live in the great white north. HD Canada does not carry these items but it could be an opportunity for cross border shopping at some point.

Home Depot does allow you to order online and have items delivered to your local store. You might give that a try if your local store does not stock what you want. I know they do this in the US but you will have to check if they do it in Canada.

1 Like

Yes HD Canada offers the same online to store delivery service but these goods are not offered in Canada, we have stuff you don’t have and vice-versa and unfortunately the system does not work between the two countries.

Here ya go. signcrafterssupply.com they are located in Canada and have an online store.
or Plasticworld.ca looks like they are in Canada as well.

Curbellplastics.com also sells Sintra sheet in Canada.

Thanks, I will have to call them as most prices are not online and Curbell lists only up to 6mm thick Sintra. The price I quoted was from CANUS Plastics, a local supplier.

Another little sign I made.

8 Likes

You got a comission from your accountant or undertaker? :wink:

3 Likes