TIL CNC doesn't just stand for Computer Numerical Control

So I went on a blind date Friday night. Nice woman. We seemed to be getting along well. Eventually she asked me what I do at work. Told her that lately I have been doing quite a bit of CNC stuff. She looked horrified and quickly ended the date. I was quite confused. Today I was discussing the date with one of my female coworkers. I told her what happened and she started laughing. She told me to search Urban Dictionary for “CNC” and see what comes up. I won’t get into the details here, but I now understand why the date ended so quickly. I recommend looking it up before discussing CNC in casual conversations.

2 Likes

:woozy_face: :rofl: I’m not in-the-know, either!

1 Like

That would be an odd thing to do for a living. At least not mainstream. Maybe she should have inquired a little further.

I had to look it up of course.

I am assuming she thought I offered it as a service or something but yeah I agree.

1 Like

Such an interesting world we live in…

Well, she knew what it meant, so maybe you dodged a bullet there?

Knowing about something does not mean that you condone it or are into it. The fact that she was disgusted by it tells me her stance which I would agree with.

I’ve made the mistake of searching for “CNC” on a social network in an open office. I still don’t know what it stands for, but I know the posts that came up were not what I wanted on my monitor.

4 Likes

OK…CNC = Consensual Non-Consent. It’s a term used when someone agrees to have no say in what’s done to them by their partner.

By the way for those same people, CBT isn’t just Computer Based Training or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

Let’s face it, there are far too many things that need TLAs than there are TLAs (TLA = Three Letter Acronym).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.